Monday, March 10, 2008

ponder

Things on my mind tonight:

1) I desperately want to be a successful writer, and now that I've got a few of the kinks worked out of my system, I think I can really work towards that. Good to have a day job, though.

2) I really am completely uncultured in the sense of alternative entertainment and travel. I grew up watching sitcoms and listening to country music. This disappoints my friends to no end, probably because I don't seem much like the type of person to watch/listen to such things. Recently, two of my friends told me that I seem like the sort of person who should be really into British comedies. This is probably true, as all things British seem to appeal to me (books, movies, TV, etc.) My coworkers are also appalled that I've never been out of the country (no, not even to Canada. Or Mexico.) and therefore I really need to make plans to go... somewhere. Britain is a natural choice. Or Ireland. Or Italy. At least Canada (I mean, we're so close already....)

3) You know the "Six Degrees of Separation" thing? Well, I like to do that in my head, to figure out how close I am to the famous types that I admire. Turns out, I'm closer than I thought to at least one of them. Yay me!

4) I should have been in bed an hour ago.

No comments: