Friday, March 7, 2008

writer

Frustrating day today, at work and after. But I picked up Fragile Things this evening (bought it new, because I decided I deserved a treat). Still loving Neil Gaiman. I've been sort of skipping around in this book, reading the poetry first--"Instructions" and "Inventing Aladdin" are amazing. Also read the Tarot card stories, and I think before bed I'll read at least one more short piece. It's an entirely pleasant way to spend an evening.

This weekend, I need to clean the apartment. It's a mess, mostly because I was gone last weekend and the weekends are the only time when I really can work up the drive to clean. Mostly when I come home, all I want to do is spend the last few hours of the day having dinner, goofing off, and sleeping.

Also, I have decided that I wish to become my own boss. I want to write for a living. I need to figure out a way to make that happen. Hopefully by writing. :-p This may have to do with the stress levels of the day. Perhaps next week, I will want to be a full-time piano tuner. It is ridiculous that I am still so flighty even at this age. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Hopefully someone interesting. That's kind of my guiding rule in life: "Be ye not boring." I consistently fail to follow this rule. I will try to do better.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I think you could be anything you want. You have the intelligence and the drive to make it happen!
You know I'm 65 years old, and some days I STILL wonder what I'll be when I grow up!