Saturday, February 23, 2008

weekend

I'm not sure why I didn't finish reading Good Omens the first time I started it. I'm trying again now--started Friday afternoon over lunch and I'm not quite halfway through by now. Neil Gaiman makes me grin. If I ever got 'round to reading the Discworld books, I'm sure Terry Pratchett would have the same effect.

After a month, I have come to the conclusion that a studio apartment, while being sufficient for my basic needs (food, sleep, internet), is severely lacking in certain qualities. To wit: my kitchen, or rather, the countertop therein. I lack a place to stack dishes until I get around to washing them (yes, I wash them, frequently). There is no space to leave out my blender, nor to place a toaster should I eventually purchase one. My microwave is perched somewhat precariously atop my refrigerator. This, one may conjecture, is not ideal.

I currently have three Ziploc bowls of heavily spiced chili and most of a pan of cornbread sitting on my table. They are entirely excellent, and the heat of the chili has had the fortunate side effect of temporarily clearing my sinuses. As I am rather fond of procuring a sufficient oxygen supply for my brain, this pleases me.

My final task for this evening is laundry. If the gods favor me, perhaps I shall find an empty clothes dryer now.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yeah!!! I found you again!

How are things?