Monday, March 3, 2008

travel

Sleep will come soon, but first an update. I spent the past week bogged with the pressures of life that plague every adult. Bills, groceries, work, personal relationships... everything that needed to be dealt with. So my apologies for the radio silence. I believe I have sufficiently dealt with things for a little while, so on to other topics.

Over this weekend I decided to make a trip to points north, specifically Grand Rapids and Bemidji. The time was well-spent, and I had the chance to speak with some of the people that I have been wishing to see for a while (though certainly not all, as I was in Bemidji for less than 24 hours and had to spend at least a bit of that time asleep). But while there I managed to procure some good Mexican food, some Guinness, and (in Grand Rapids) two new-used books from a little shop where the man who runs it remembers every customer that comes through his doors.

I don't believe I can come up with any sort of coherent analysis or insight into this little trip in my sleepy state, and therefore I shall continue this train of thought later. Sweet dreams, my friends.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Glad to read another post from you! How brave of you to travel so far for such a short time. Wish I could have seen you! Last glimpse I had of you was in Walmart...

Angel said...

I promise I haven't changed much. Shorter hair, maybe, but that's about it. :)