Saturday, August 16, 2008

shift

There's a bit of a change going on in my personal life right now: I'm switching from my first-shift, normal working day to a third-shift schedule (same job, but the different shift will supposedly get me hired on permanently faster). I worked my last day of first shift today, and I've got until Tuesday night to find a way to adjust my sleep patterns and whatnot to working from 11 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.

Right now, my plan is this: every night I'll go to bed three hours later, and sleep as long as I like (but not after about 4 p.m. any afternoon). That will put me in a place where, by Monday morning, I'll be going to bed at 9 a.m. Tonight, I'm going to bed at 3 a.m. Hence, I've got about three more hours to kill. My poor spelling and typing abilities at this moment tell me that it's going to be a LONG three hours.

Sadly, I have no stories to tell for these three hours. I was (still am) considering distracting myself with a lengthy fishing session in World of Warcraft. Fishing in the game is boring, but I want to maximize my character's skill, and it takes an enormous time requirement, and not too much in the way of thinking. Perfect for staying up til the wee hours of the morning.

I'll report back if I start getting the sleep crazies (seeing stuff, etc.). Hope the rest of you have a good night.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm still curious as to what kind of a job you have. Hope you like it!