Friday, August 22, 2008

third

To answer Sharon's question: I work for the Merrill Corporation, doing project management assistant stuff. Lots of computer work, plus other things. I try not to talk about it too much, because some of what I do involves sensitive or confidential information, so I figure the less I talk about it, the better.

That said... It's list time!

The Best Things About Working 3rd Shift (discovered in less than one week):

1. Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast Tea with a packet of Sugar in the Raw and a splash of milk. Best way to get my morning started (at 11:00 p.m.)

2. Dress code = Casual Friday EVERYDAY!

3. Peace and quiet

4. Quirky co-workers--my guess is that you've got to be a little bit weird to enjoy working in the middle of the night

5. Leaving work a bit after dawn, cranking Flogging Molly on my car stereo, and singing loudly as I drive the opposite direction from all the people just now heading into their jobs, and thinking, this is bliss.

2 comments:

Froyd said...

If I hadn't had school during my overnight shift days at the hospital, it would have been awesome. Overnight shifts are much better than day shifts, it's more calm.

Sharon said...

Oh man, I'm SO glad the night shift thing is working out for you! And thanks for letting me know where you work. Just call me a nosy old lady.

I like the part about casual dress!!!