Wednesday, September 3, 2008

wimp

I wrenched my back today while carrying two large, very heavy bags of groceries up to my apartment. It is achy and I am having a hard time finding comfortable positions for sitting while at work. Were I at home, I would go lay down somewhere. It seems that either leaning forward and resting on the desktop, or leaning all the way back in my chair are the only comfortable positions, and neither of these are conducive to doing any actual work.

In related news, I am tired. I wanted to say something intelligent about the RNC and all the scary stuff that happened to protesters before and during the convention. But I'm too tired to come up with anything brilliant. Suffice to say, I don't know anyone who was arrested, but my sister does and other people I know do, and it's an awful thing that they're being arrested for what was intended to be a peaceful protest. Also... the Republicans should know better than to host their convention in a liberal state. Just saying.

Final word about politics: I'm mildly insulted by McCain's vice presidential pick. It's like he thinks that all women are the same, and choosing one as his running mate will score him votes. So he picks an anti-abortion ex-beauty queen from a state that is (sorry, Alaska!) not a major player in the race, and he holds her up as his token female. As if women looking for a voice in the White House can't tell one woman from another. Shame on you, man. Shame.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I agree with you about McCain's VP choice. She may be a very nice woman, but I have doubts about her ability to take over as president should he croak!

So sorry about your back. Not fun!

Sharon said...

I should have added....alternate heat and cold on your back.

Angel said...

Thanks for the advice, Sharon. Heat is definitely helping, and it's really feeling much better. Just pulled something, I guess.