Tuesday, November 4, 2008

elect

EVERYONE GO VOTE.


Just got back from the polling place. When I got there at 7 a.m., there was a long line, but by the time I was done at 7:40 or so, there wasn't a line at all. So, no excuses. Get out, cast your vote, get a little red sticker.


They're not just stickers, people. They're badges of honor. They let everyone know you care about what happens in your city, your state, your nation, and the entire world. When I was a kid, I would go to the polling place with my parents and I was always proud and a little jealous when they got that sticker and put it on their coats. I've been eligible to vote for three elections now, but I've always voted absentee, and I'm always disappointed when they don't send out stickers along with absentee ballots. But I've got one now. It'll probably be stuck on my purse for a good long time.

Finally... that good news I mentioned last time? I finally got hired by the company I work for (as opposed to the temp agency). This means that I get benefits now. Pretty cool, no?

No comments: