Saturday, October 25, 2008

gauge

Before I forget to post for two weeks again...

Things are looking pretty good for the moment. I may have some really awesome news shortly, job-wise, but I'm going to hold off on saying anything for sure. I finished the first half of my mom's Christmas present, and I'm about 1/4 of the way done with my Dad's. I've cast on and started a present for one of my friends, but I'm going to have to start over again because it's turning out WAY too big. I'm not sure why... I swatched and everything. Possibly I've entered a twilight zone where none of my knitting comes out the size it's supposed to be.

Post-Christmas, I think I'm going to try and knit a sweater for myself. This one, specifically. I've been wanting a cardigan-type sweater for a while, but I can never find one I like when I'm out shopping. I think being a knitter has made me kind of picky.

Not much else to say at the moment. Halloween is coming and I don't have any plans set. I'll do a bit of traveling this weekend, but other than that, no big plans. Meanwhile, back to work/knitting.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Good luck on the knitting projects. I miss being able to knit and crochet... but the arthritis has entered my fingers now...

Waiting patiently for your news on the job...